To Finish Divine: There's no time like the present, as they say...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Thursday, August 24, 2006

There's no time like the present, as they say...

I have become addicted to knitting socks. My family can only tolerate (and wear) just so many pairs of my handknit creations. My college age child enjoys them, but has a tendancy to lose mates in the dorm room/laundry. My 14 year old has yet to discover the joys of a handknit sock (she doesn't like them..tsk tsk). About a month ago, I joined a yahoo group entitled "Socks for Soldiers". The idea of knitting socks for soldiers in the Middle East (and elsewhere) seemed perfect. It filled my need to keep knitting socks and to do something for the military who are serving so far from home. If you would like to join this cause, here is the link:


Click here to join SOCKFORSOLDIERS
Click to join SOCKFORSOLDIERS


It is a totally non-political group...just united in the cause to create BBS (big, black socks) for our soldiers!

Here is a photo of my first finished BBS~





Along with knitting the basic black socks, some folks are also knitting socks that can be worn by the soldiers during their leisure time. Many vendors have donated some of their beautiful yarns to this cause. One such company was Claudia Hand Painted Yarns (ClaudiaCo.com). Here is a photo of one of my leisure socks made from Claudia's sportweight 100% merino wool in the Navy/Olive colorway. The pattern is the Diagonal Rib by Ann Budd.
Both of the mates are on the needles and I am working on them simultaneously. I will keep you posted on their progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home