To Finish Divine: As promised..another post!

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Sunday, January 15, 2012

As promised..another post!

Surprise surprise! With only 7 days seperating my posts, here I am again. Hopefully my desire to post on a more regular basis will actually be a good thing. I am sure that some weeks will contain nothing much in the way of fodder to blog about. So I will try to keep it interesting.

I have managed to finish and almost finish several scarves for the Rhode Island Special Olympics. They are hoping to obtain over 1300 scarves for their winter games in late February or early March. Today I started my fourth one, although I have only completed two so far. The third one is still under construction, as I had run out of one of the yarns midway and just recently purchased some more. They both will be done by the next knitting guild meeting, which is when they are being collected. I hope to have all four finished, with maybe one more dependent on time and yarn available. Last year I managed to make 5, but I started earlier. I will post photos before they are sent off.

Reading wise..still plugging away at Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I am enjoying the book, just have been slow going since I have only been reading it at school during SSR. I need to pick up the pace and read more of it at home, as I am already two weeks behind in my 52 booksin 52 weeks challenge. In addition to that title, I am also reading a novel written by a friend of mine. It is a first for them, although the author is a published playwright. It is a science fiction mystery which I am enjoying very much.

Well, that's about it for this week. I am off to start dinner. Here are the items which I plan to prepare.

Spicy Thai Noodles from Leana on her blog, "A Small Snippet". They looked delicious and I pinned them on Pinterest hoping to make them soon...and tonight's the night.



This is also being made for dinner: Boneless Pork Loin Roast with Herbed Pepper Rub.


Alrighty then, I must get them in the oven or dinner will be at midnight. Golden Globes are on tonight and I plan to knit and watch and enjoy a glass of wine or two, as tomorrow is Martin Luther King's birthday and there is no school! Yippee Skippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home