To Finish Divine: New Year....New Post...New Attitude???

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Sunday, January 08, 2012

New Year....New Post...New Attitude???

Whew...I can't believe my last post was December of 2010..talk about a lapse. I guess an entire year would be considered much more than just a lapse. That would constitute true neglect. So, that being said, with a new year comes a new attitude. This blog was started because I suck at finishing things. So to that end, I have resolved to stay more on track in my life..both physically and emotionally. Or maybe I should say get back on track..because I have certainly derailed a lot over the last 52 plus weeks. But I have also focused a bit and did manage some positive things in 2011.

On the health front, I managed to lose almost 50 pounds since March of 2011. I say almost 50 pounds because the holidays have wrecked some havoc with the scale and I have been fluctuating within a 5 pound margin since Thanksgiving. I have been trying to refocus my efforts, but damn those Christmas cookies and candies that still remain about the house. Next week will be a better week.

On the knitting front, I managed to finish 21 projects in 2011. Some were hanging about for several years in various levels of completeness. Others were started brand new for KALs and challenges. Five of the projects were scarves that were knit for the Rhode Island Special Olympics. So all in all, it was a fairly productive year knitting wise.

Quilting wise, I can not say it was very successful. I managed to make a couple of charity quilts, but they are still not finished. The two flannel quilts that I started for the girls are still not done, although the tops are finished. They just need to be quilted. My youngest daughter's graduation quilt is still unfinished as is my oldest daughter's grad quilt. Needless to say, I need to get on some of those projects in 2012.

On the book front..2011 was not my best reading year. I think I only managed to finish 20 books or so..pathetic! So, I am back on the 52 books in 52 weeks challenge. I am also going to add a bit of a twist to that challenge and try to only read books that I've had hanging about the house and on my kindle since before the new year. I am going to participate in the Off the Shelf challenge and hopefully it will help me clean up some of the piles of books that are strewn about the house. Wish me luck.

Ok..I think that covers most things. I am also going to once again challenge myself to keep this blog updated. So I will plan to post every Sunday, if only for a quick update on the week and the progress of my life. Hopefully with photos too. So here's one to start the New Year with:



It's a cute sheep from Rhinebeck's New York Sheep and Wool Festival 2011. No significance..just cuteness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home