To Finish Divine: I should be in bed but...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I should be in bed but...

I just can't sleep. It's nearly 1 a.m. here and my mind is working overtime. Today is the day that I bring my oldest back to college. I pretend like I am happy that she is returning....but in reality it is a difficult thing. Thankfully this is going to be a very busy week. I go back to work on Tuesday and school begins on Wednesday. I start my college class on Thursday and the weekend is already over booked..so hopefully I won't have time to miss her. Let's hope...

On the crafty/quilty side of things, I did manage to finish a project that was technically started last winter. (Is the purchase of supplies for making something but not actually starting it considered a UFO or WIP? details shmetails)
Last Christmas I had planned to make pillowcases for family members including my niece and nephews. I found the perfect fabrics for them at my LQS, reflecting their hobbies or personalities. Unfortunately, as usual, I ran out of time in December, so I planned to save the project for their respective birthdays. My niece's birthday was in February and I did manage to make her the figure skating pillowcase for that event. At the time I thought that I should make the ones for my nephews, as I was on a roll, but I just packed the fabric away and that was that. Weeeelllll, Thursday was one nephew's 12th birthday and Saturday was his brother's 18th. My brother was planning a 5 pm party for them on Saturday, so true to my usual form, I started scrambling to find the fabric late Friday night. I gave up but returned to searching on Saturday morning and, after much cursing and cussing, managed to find it late morning. I probably started to work on them around noon time...and managed to finish both of them by 3 pm or so. (I then had to scramble to make something to bring for dinner...I managed to scrape together a spinach dip with stuff I had in the fridge...yeah!) I have always been able to pull it off when it came to tight deadlines..but why do I put myself through that stress all the time??

Here are some photos of the finished pillowcases. I think I have a picture of my niece's skating one somewhere..but that will take some researching. In the meantime here are Saturday's creations.


Here is Trevor's (he's 12)


And here is Ricky's (he is 18 and a hockey player)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home