To Finish Divine: Taking a break from knitting...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Taking a break from knitting...

to write this post. I just finished watching the AFC playoff game between the New England Patriots and the Baltimore Ravens. It was an extremely tough game with one team scoring and then the other, but in the end, the New England Patriots won the nail biter and are heading to the Super Bowl. I am not normally a football fan, definitely more the fair weather type. I may not watch consistently, but I do pay attention to the season and the standings and am thrilled that the Pats will once again be heading to a Super Bowl. I just hope the game isn't as stressful as this week's game was.

I'm still plugging away at the reading..so no new updates on my reading status. My attempt at 52 books in 52 weeks is not off to a very good start. Hopefully that will change.

Knitting wise, I've managed to finish 3 of the 4 Special Olympics scarves that I am knitting for the Rhode Island Special Olympics teams. They are due by February 11, but my knitting guild is collecting them as part of our winter charity drive. As our meeting is this Wednesday, I will be bringing them in at that time. I think I will manage to get the fourth one finished, but we'll see. Here's a not so great taken-with-my-cell-phone photo of the three finished scarves:

IMAG0197 by n_tella
IMAG0197, a photo by n_tella on Flickr.



I did start a new project which I hadn't planned to do until I had finished a few more WIPs. But my resistence was low and the power of a new project was strong..and I succumbed. I am making "Cloos" from Berocco. It is knit in Berocco Vintage DK and I am making it in the colorway Chana Dal..which is a heathery golden brown. I am hoping to finish it for the Knitting Weekend at Slater Mill on February 10, but if not then, perhaps I will finish it for Spa weekend in Maine later in February.

We finally got some winter weather over the past few days. There is snow on the ground..only about 4 inches, but still, it's snow. That is why I live in New England..I like all four seasons. However, I prefer when it snows during the week and not on the weekends..what are snowdays for after all? But it is only January and there is still the potential for more snowdays before spring.

In addition to starting a new project, I also decided to join a Mystery Shawl KAL that Helen Bingham from Fresh Purls is hosting. She is the designer and it was hard to resist the appeal. I will be using strictly stash yarns so that should work towards my goal of stash busting and making 12 projects from stash this year. KALs help to keep me focused, all that pressure from fellow knitters, and when it comes to projects, I really need the extra incentives..plus I believe there are prizes involved.

Alrighty then, I am off to watch the third installment of Downton Abbey..I lurves it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home