To Finish Divine: I've made it through the first week...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Friday, September 08, 2006

I've made it through the first week...

TGIF! It's been a long, tough week! Labor Day has come and gone and so has the summer! We've delivered the first born back for her second year of college. I started back to work at the high school with a professional day on Tuesday full of paperwork and meetings. Wednesday brought the freshman only to school, with my youngest daughter being one of them. Several days later, some of her anxiety over this major life transition has been somewhat relieved. She seems to be enjoying her classes and teachers and is making new friends. As a mom..this is a "whew" moment! My classes consist of 3, count them, 3 math classes! The teachers that I am working with are great and so far, so good on the students too, so all is well on that front.

My first night of college classes was also and experience! I was "Ma'med" by a student who mistook me for a professor when he asked for directions to the classroom. I had to laughingly tell him that I, too, was also in his class as a student and was also looking for the classroom. Of course, with the exception of the professor, I am the oldest of 30 in the class. I hope I can handle all of this work..tons of reading..and writing. I will try my best, that's all I can do. Fingers crossed! (I am definitely going to have to practice some time management strategies)

On the knitting front, I was able to put several inches on the BBS mate on the trip to college with my daughter. DH drove the 4 hours round trip which left me with tons of knitting time. I generally like to drive due to some motion sickness issues, but getting this much un-interrupted knitting time was definitely a luxury!

Tomorrow is my monthly trek to a LQS with a friend. We usually have lunch and enjoy catching up on what has happened over the past month. She is also returning to school to earn her doctorate degree, although it has only been a year since she was in school completing her mastor's. We joke about graduating together, using our walkers at the ceremony and, at the rate I am going, that image is not far off the mark!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home