To Finish Divine: HSKS3 Questionaire...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Thursday, August 30, 2007

HSKS3 Questionaire...

for my Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap 3 partner. I am posting the info here for my swap partner, although she sent her own version of a questionaire which was really good (and I borrowed the idea to use with my sock kit receiver). I am also posting it so that our House, Hufflepuff, can receive all the House Points possible! Go Hufflepuff!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?

I am a Hufflepuff (according to 4 different Sorting Hat quizzes!)

2. List your favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length. Or would you prefer circulars?

For DPN my most favorite is Scacel from Germany. The stainless steel version is nice and slick and the points are really sharp. I only have one set in size 0000 and would love to get a set in 1's or 2's.These needles are the DPN version of the Addi Turbo Circulars. I also like Inox/Prym from Germany for metal DPN's. I have many sets of these. For Bamboo, I like Brittany needles and I have several sets of Clover bamboo. I have also used Web's version of Bamboo from Valley Yarns. They are nice too.
I have been planning on trying to use the circulars for socks, either the Socks Soar on Two Circulars method, or the Magic Loop method. I have books for both methods, but have yet to purchase the circulars required.


3. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length?

I have been going to try the Knit Picks nickel plated DPN's. I have heard good things about them, but haven't tried them yet. The six inch in size 1's, 2's or 3's would probably be my first ones to try. Or their circulars, which I have also heard good things about. (Maybe then I will learn the "modern" method of sock production! LOL!)

4. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference?

N/A

5. Do you have any allergies?

No
6. If you are swapping scarves - what is your desired length for the pattern? This will help your partner find the pattern that is just right for you and buy yarn accordingly.

N/A

2 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Piglottie said...

Love your blog Nancy! Its going to be fun getting to know all the Hufflepuffs. And thanks for putting the questionnaire up and earning us points.

Btw, I shall have to find you on Ravelry (I'm Piglottie on there).

Take care
Adele - Hufflepuff Prefect

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Hi There! I wanted to drop in and say hello to my fellow Hufflepuff! If you ever want to chat on Ravelry sometime I am under Blcklace66. Isn't it a wonderful creation? If not incredible time consuming. -=giggle=-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home