To Finish Divine: I'm sort of famous...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Friday, August 03, 2007

I'm sort of famous...

Well, not really. But I did have another brush with fame yesterday at the Borders Bookstore in Burlington, MA. I was there to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, aka The Yarn Harlot.It was my second time seeing her; the first was a couple of months ago at Webs in Northampton, MA. At the Northampton venue there were probably 600 or so knitters in the audience and I was about 30 rows back, as seen in this photo:











And here is a photo of Stephanie from last night at Borders:
Obviously I was much closer than in Northampton; in the front row in fact. I spent the day at the Lowell Quilt Festival and the Yarn Harlot venue in Burlington was literally on my way home. Talk about a day of fiber therapy!


















Here is a photo of Stephanie taking a photo of us..(surrounded by her panties..see her blog for the explanation of those)
















And here is the view from Stephanie's camera: Thank you Stephanie!
I borrowed the photos from Stephanie's blog; this is where my claim to fame comes in..that's me in the front row in the photos, on the left of the travelling sock.


















Here we are waving and greeting the "real celebrity" with undies!


















Here is Stephanie signing her latest book, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off at the Northampton gig:

And here I am holding the travelling sock and Stephanie is holding my blue donation hat that I brought to the signing.



It was a long, hot, tiring, but wonderful day for me. I left the Border's store just as they were closing at 10 pm. facing an hour's ride home. As I was leaving, I took this shot throught the store window of Stephanie still signing books and taking photos with her crazed knitter "McPhans". (I can't say that I "Kinneared" this shot..I did look through the viewfinder!)



Stephanie is amazing! The Yarn Harlot rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home