To Finish Divine: I am going to try...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Sunday, January 07, 2007

I am going to try...

to keep postings more current this year. There..another resolution committed to the page!

Some of my latest and, I am happy to say almost finished items, are scarves for The Red Scarf Project. I found the organization through some of my blog surfing and, because I have a child in college myself that I send care packages to all the time, I really felt the need to make something for these motivated students. If you would like more information about the organizatioin and The Red Scarf Project be sure to click the button in the links section.





Here is one of the finished scarves. The pattern is from the 2007 Knitting Pattern a Day Calendar. It is called Samuel's Red Heart Scarf by Sandra Bennett and is knit in Woolease Cranberry. (the photo makes it look a bit more light and pinkish than it really is.)

The other one is still on the needles. I need to get it finished and mailed, as the project sends the red scarves out to the students in February for Valentine's Day. They accept mailings throughout the month of January only, so I need to get these off ASAP. The second scarf is The Rib Of Doom Scarf from The Thrifty Knitter. The photo doesn't do it justice, as the pattern is really deep and fun. I need to retake it so it doesn't look like it is glowing like something nuclear!



Here it is in the newly started state. It too is knit in Woolease, but this time the color is Ranch Red.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home