To Finish Divine: I'm finally a Ravelrer...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm finally a Ravelrer...

and I am Soooo excited! While attending the Yarn Harlot event in Burlington last week, I met several members of Ravelry, including Kimberly (aka Somebunnyslove.com)from Rhode Island. (Thanks Kimberly for the photo of Jess below!)




While waiting on queue for our books to be signed by Stephanie, we also met Jess,(in black and white on the right of above photo) the creator of Ravelry. She, along with her co-creator husband Casey, have developed a most amazing site! I had signed up back in June and have been waiting patiently (or not so patiently,as I kept checking my status constantly)for my invitation to join to arrive. And lo and behold, last week in my inbox, there it was!
I signed on immediately and have been obsessed with it ever since. There are so many fun and useful features to the site and it is majorly addictive! I love it! Thank you again Jess and Casey for filling the need in the knitting community!

The other new item is I finally attended a real life knitting group last night. My LYS owner Joanne had invited me to these events several times, but something always seemed to get in the way. Last night,however, I made it a priority to attend at our local Panera and it was great. It is only one Sunday a month, although in the fall she is planning a weeknight and a weekend get together on a regular basis. I will try to attend the Tuesday night event whenever possible. Yay..more fiber therapy in 3-D!

This weekend was tax free weekend here in Massachusetts. DH and I took advantage and purchased a new laptop for me! Another Yay! No more pounding on my stuck "I" key or slapping my moniter upside the head to get the picture back. No more using DH's pc to upload photos because I was using windows 98 and didn't have any usb ports or card readers on my antique pc. I have to say, typing on this keyboard is going to take some getting used to..the angle is so flat and I am making tons of typos, but I know I am going to love it! Hopefully the fact that I have my own equipment now will increase my posting regularity. We can only hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home