To Finish Divine: What else have I been up to?.....

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What else have I been up to?.....

Okay, besides traveling to Europe in April, I turned 50 in February. It was a fairly low key event...one which I wasn't really looking forward to. But the alternative is a much less desirable option. Now that I am a few months into this new decade, it's not so bad. I have some students surprised when they hear that I am 50. Perhaps they are just being kind, but I have also had some adults remark that they didn't think I was that old. Let's hope that this trend continues...

I have been really envious of all of the fun and beautiful stitch markers that I have seen in the yarn shops. I was tempted many times, but talked myself out of purchasing some; my theory was that I could make my own. My daughter had all of the beads and findings and tools necessary to create them, so a few weeks ago I decided to give it a try. Here are some photos of my first attempts.(I apologize for the quality of the photo...I was in a hurry) I found the knitting beads at the local Joann's on clearance for $.50, so I bought all that they had on hand. This first set I gave to a knitting friend for her birthday, but I plan to make another set for myself.
The blue glass set is for me. The rings will fit up to a size 10.5 needle, but I hope to find some sort of ring that I can use on larger needles. They were easy to make and a lot of fun.

I had a graduation party to go to a few weekends ago for a friend of my daughter. I also know the girl from working at the High School and doing costuming for the Drama and Musical productions. She and my college daughter were in marching band together at the high school and both are continuing to play in their respective college's marching bands. So here is the gift that I made for her:
They are at rival colleges and the colors in the pillowcase are more like my daughter's school colors, LOL, so I hope she doesn't mind. I just like the way they looked together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home