To Finish Divine: This has been the longest week...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Saturday, September 16, 2006

This has been the longest week...

And yet it has flown by. That doesn't sound like it makes any sense, but in my reality it does. The days with the students in class seem to pass quickly, and yet it feels like we have been back in school for months, not just 8 days. Yikes!

There has been some teenage angst this week too, just to add to the fun. My youngest was having a few adjustments to her new life as a freshman in High School and it hasn't been the easiest of transitions (for any of us!). She was feeling some pressures both academically and socially and was not willing, being a typical 14 year old, to open up to Mom about the situations. I felt so helpless..she was upset. But things seem to be a bit better today and she is actually in the midst of planning a movie outing with her friends for later today. (sigh of relief)

College child is doing ok. I try not to nag..things need to be done by her with out my assistance. She seems to be adjusting well to sophomore year. Classes seem to be ok for her, although her roommate situation is not. But she is working it out and then life will be good.

My college days are going along ok too. I discovered that if I do participate in class discussions, I will not burst into flames and die on the spot as I had previously thought. Even though I am the "geezer" of the class, my theory is, so what? I may actually have more insight to some of the topics with my "wisdom that comes from age" than all the rest of the teens and twenty-somethings. As long as I can keep up with the readings and homework, I think I will be ok..or at least well enough to sign up for another course for next semester.

On the quilting/knitting front..not too much happening. I have been knitting sporadically on the mates to the Socks for Soldiers socks. I really need to get going on those as there is a first mailing/shipment that is going to be sent overseas in mid October, and I really want the 2 pair that I am working on to be part of that initial package. I am going to start practicing knitting and reading at the same time and see how that goes. Is that physically possible? Hmmm...must ponder that one for awhile.

I also decided to rejoin a quilt guild that I used to belong to over 10 years ago. At the time, my DH and I both had meetings that met on the same evening. Both of the kids were small, and it became an issue over who could go to their meeting and who would stay home to watch the kids. As it turned out, it just didn't pay to belong to a guild that I could never get to. As the years passed, I was able to join another guild that met on a different night ( I still belong to that one) and have subsequently joined another one last year. I really don't need to belong to 3 guilds..but perhaps all of that inspiration will help me finish all of my UFOs! That means that at least one week a month I have meetings on Sundays,Mondays and Wednesdays and school on Thursdays. hmmm...perhaps I should rethink this schedule too!

I think I will go and knit/read/study/and watch "Under the Tuscan Sun"..one of my favorite movies. Hope to post some photos of more finished projects soon. (I did manage to actually mend a shirt for my DD that has had a hole in it for months..I'm a terrible mother! LOL! I guess that counts as a UFO!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home