To Finish Divine: Where's the Bengay??

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Monday, August 25, 2008

Where's the Bengay??

Because I am one sore puppy! The 2008 Ravelympics are now over. I managed to finish half of my events that I signed on to do. Besides the two pair of Olympian socks, I finally started, and finished, a Clapotis. It is the pattern from Knitty by Kate Gilbert that just about everyone in the world has done but me. Here is my version:

It was great fun to knit and I definitely plan to make another one someday. The only variation to the pattern that I made was an additional three repeats of the straight row section. Except for some of the pooling, I like the way the KnitPicks Gossamer knit up. It drapes nicely and I am sure it will get a lot of usage this winter.

Of course, I couldn't go a day without starting something new. I cast on this evening for a Special Olympics Scarf. Information about the project can be found here. I purchased my yarn at Walmart (the Delft Blue was a bit of a challenge to find) and decided to improvise a pattern using the two required colors. I am using a modified version of the Ballband Dishcloth or Slipstitch pattern. I cast on 21 stitches on a size US7 needle, which is giving me a scarf about 5 inches wide. Here is what I have done so far.

Front side








Reverse side







I think it is making an interesting pattern on the backside that is making it more reversible than expected. I hope to make several for this worthy cause. And I do plan to finish those projects that I started for the Ravelympics but failed to complete. Knitting time is becoming a bit more precious, but I have started attending a local SnB at my nearby Borders. It was great fun last week and I met several Ravelers there as well. I hope to make it a regular thing. Well..time to go get that massage from my sports trainer..ah, if only....


ps..I just realized that yesterday was my two year blogaversary! amazing...

1 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing so much! Your clap is soo pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home