To Finish Divine: It's hard to believe it's the end of the month...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's hard to believe it's the end of the month...

and that I've yet to finish reading one book. Grrrr. I did manage to get a bit of reading done yesterday while I was proctoring the SATs. It is a good chunk of time in which to do a quiet activity such as reading. However, I spent it reading several chapters of a book that a friend of mine has written. And I am still plugging away at Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I really need to pick up the pace if I am ever to get on with my 52 books in 52 weeks.

I managaged to turn in 3 scarves this week for the collection for the Rhode Island Special Olympics. I have a bit more to do on the last scarf..weaving in ends and such and if I manage to finish it I will send it off myself before the deadline. I may selfishly keep it however, as it is appropriate Patriots colors and I may need to accessorize myself for the Super Bowl game next Sunday.

I did join in on the Mystery Shawl KAL from Helen Bingham Designs that is on Ravelry. It took me most of the week to decide on my yarn choices, and even after I started it, I still keep changing my mind. I think I have finally decided on the final combination. It will be an eight part mystery with a new clue released every Monday. Here is the finished first clue.


My apolgies for the lousy quality of the taken-with-my-cell-phone photo.

We went to see "Hugo" today. I am hoping to see at least half of the nominated films before the Academy Awards at the end of February. I really enjoyed it, but I especially enjoyed all of the knitwear in it.Sandy Powell is an amazing costume designer. My daughter Caitlin even started a "Hugo Knitwear" group on Ravelry. She plans to make the beret worn by Lisette. I love several of the items including Hugo's sweater from the movie. There is also a lot of wonderful knitted accessories worn by the character Emma Swan in the ABC series "Once Upon a Time". I need to do a bit of research to see who the designers are and if patterns are available.

Off to watch my next installment of "Downton Abbey" and later the SAG awards. A new semester is about to begin at school this week..and I get to have the fun of a mammogram tomorrow. What a week!

In addition, here is the recipe that I made today to bring to school tomorrow. It's Eggnog Spicecake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home