To Finish Divine: I can't believe...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Saturday, September 08, 2007

I can't believe...

that I missed my Blog-aversery! It's been a little over a year since I started this blog and I have really enjoyed it. Even if no one ever reads it, it has managed to accomplish what I wanted it to. It has made me somewhat accountable for the things that I start in my life, and so far, I have gotten more done in the past year than I have in the past few years combined. Thank You my blog!

Along the same vein, I have managed to finish a few items over the past couple of weeks. Here are some socks that were started about 2 years ago.
I, for whatever reason, put them away with only the toe decreases on one sock left to finish. They literally only took me minutes to complete..why, oh why, did I wait 2 years to do it! This photo shows the socks in progress, but you get the idea.

I also finished the Sockotta socks that I was working on this summer for my daughter. This project is not nearly as old as the other pair. I started them this summer and managed to finish them before Labor Day...amazing. Here they are, again in the unfinished state.




I've also completed my Hip House Scarf from Alison Hansel's book "Charmed Knits" I knit them in the Gryffindor House colors, but in actuality,after taking 4 different Sorting Hat quizzes, my House is Hufflepuff. I had hoped to get the scarf done to wear to the last book release party, but that didn't happen. And I couldn't wait to go to the last Harry Potter movie until the scarf was done, so I guess I will wear it when the 6th movie is released.

Here it is...


Also from the Charmed Knits book came these House Hats that were created during the House Hat KAL from the Charmed Knits website. They were sent to the Warm Woolies Charity. It was a really easy, quick and fun pattern and I was happy to be a part of it. Here are the ones that were finished and sent out.



I have been working this week on creating something for my swap partner, Julianne. It is for the HSKS3 Swap. I hope she likes it! It has been so much fun trying to find all kinds of things to send along to her. I really hope to have everything off to her by the end of the month, if possible. I'm really enjoying getting to know everyone in the swap, in my House Hufflepuff, and Julianne through the website, Ravelry and emails.

School has started once again for me, both during the day as my occupation, and at night with my Spanish 1 class that I am taking at a local college. I had taken 2 years of Spanish during my High School years in the 70's, but I thought it would be best to start at the beginning again. I have had one class so far, and I think it is going to be great! So, hasta luego mi amigos! (gosh, I hope that's right!)

3 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Blogger marycatharine said...

Congrats! I use my blog to keep myself accountable as well and it seems to be working.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Everything looks wonderful! Congrats on your blog-versary and Good Luck with Spanish!!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Piglottie said...

Happy Blogversary! Love the socks and the hats (which is for a great cause!). I've had a lot of fun getting stuff for my swap pal and just have her bag left to make.

Enjoy the Spanish lessons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home