To Finish Divine: Weekly Update...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Friday, September 21, 2007

Weekly Update...

on my Life and the stuff in it. Another week bites the dust and here are my accomplishments:

I have been working diligently on my HSKS3 swap pal's package. The bag for the swap is coming along nicely...I hope it finishes up nicely too and will be ready soon for shipment. I still am awaiting her sock yarn which has been ordered but has yet to arrive. I am hoping that it is here soon. I have the pattern, needles and some goodies for the package, but have to finish the markers and a few other things. This swap is so much fun, I hope she likes her kit as much as I am enjoying creating it for her. Hi Juliane! Go Hufflepuffs!

I am also working on my Ravelry Scarf exchange pal's scarf. The yarn for that just arrived and I will be casting on shortly (as soon as the above mentioned bag is finished). I really love the yarn and hope that it works as well with the pattern that I chose as I imagine it will. I hopefully bought enough to perhaps make myself a little something from it after the scarf is finished. I hope Linda will like it too. Hi Linda!

The other project-du-jour is my summer challenge quilt for one of my quilt guilds. The name implies that I had all summmer to create this item. But true to my nature, I just started it last night and the big reveal is this Sunday at 6 pm. You see...I need a deadline to light the fire under my butt. I know the top will be done (it is only going to be a lap size number) but it may not be quilted and bound by Sunday. Hopefully it will still qualify. I also may try to create a miniature quilt with some of the scraps from the top. It could be cool, but time is not on my side. Oh well..

I will post photos of all of the above as soon as time permits...but don't hold your breath.

3 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Piglottie said...

Sounds like you are busy Nancy, and I hope you get the quilt finished in time. I'm halfway through my HSKS3 pal's bag so not long to go now.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

I haven't even started my bag yet. I had to get the alterations in order first.

I am always a "wait till the last minute" type of girl. You get motivated and work harder when there is a deadline in a couple of days. It also of course keeps me up, many a night.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Julianne said...

Hi Nancy! I hope that you're having fun putting my bag together. I just have to find the perfect sock pattern for my pal. I didn't know you're a quilter too! I'm an occasional quilter, usually just when someone I know is having a baby, although I'm loving making sewn bags lately!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home