To Finish Divine: I'm a Square...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I'm a Square...

and a Player! I am very excited! What is a player and a square you may ask? It is an exciting game created by author and blogger StitchyMcYarnPants that will be played at this year's New York Sheep and Wool Festival, better known as Rhinebeck! And I am going! My friend Patty and I will be taking a Yarn Safaris bus from Massachusetts to upstate New York to attend this year's event. It is the first time for both of us, and I am giddy with anticipation. And thanks to a lot of discussion on Ravelry and encouragement from my HSKS3 Swap partner Julianne, I decided to jump in with both feet and participate in this year's Blogger Bingo. I hope to come up with some creative way to identify myself before the Festival, but in case I am without imagination over the next few days, I have ordered my pin and tote bag that will identify me as a square. It would be really cool if most of my card is filled with names of folks that I have already met...but then again, the purpose of the game is to meet with names one only knows in the "cyber" sense..not in the 3D sense. Either way, it is going to be tons of fun. I hope I will be able to focus on everything and still manage to fill my card! I hope I am not overwhelmed...it really doesn't take much to overwhelm me these days.

On the Finishing front...progress is not so good. Here is an updated photo of my "Jaywalkers".

I hope to have them finished by Rhinebeck to wear, but I have tons of stuff to finish ahead of them priority wise, so the prognosis for them being ready by the 20th is not good.

You see, when I finally decided to sign up for Rhinebeck, I thougt that I might need a new garment to wear, so I cast on for the Oversized Cardigan from the Fall Issue of Vogue Knitting 2006. Thankfully, it is knit on size 13 needles and is working up remarkably fast. I have the back, one side and more than half of the other front done. Hopefully, the weather will be cool enough to wear this item to Rhinebeck. If this past weekend's temperatures are any indication of the upcoming forecast, then a tank top and shorts may be in order. Yikes!

Well, I need to go and finish my Spanish homework so I can reward myself with some knitting time! I am almost done with your Sock Kit Julianne! I hope to mail it off either this weekend or early next week.

1 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger Lucia said...

So do we get to see what you look like? Inquiring bingo stalkers want to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home