To Finish Divine: oops...sorry about that...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Monday, February 13, 2012

oops...sorry about that...

It's been two weeks since my last posting and these are my sins. Sorry..couldn't resist. Let's see..what's been happening since my last post:

Reading...zilch. I'm still plugging away at Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and on the novel that my friend has written. I've been getting printed chapters as I need them and progress has been slow. Not that I haven't wanted to read, but I just haven't had the time and when I do, it seems like I fall asleep reading. And I am really enjoying the book too. The P,P and Z I've only been reading in school during our SSR period..which means not much progress without constant interruptions. I think I need to pick up a quick, light read to make some headway in my Off the Shelf and 52 books in 52 weeks challenges.

Knitting...pretty good. I have managed to keep up with the Mystery Shawl KAL that I am working on and even won last weeks prize for finishing the clue and posting it before noon on Sunday. This weekend was our knitting guild's and local historical site's knitting weekend. It was a lot of fun. I took a class by Deborah Newton on finishing (ironically) and it was wonderful. I also purchased her book,Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters , and had it signed. It is definitely one of those go to reference type books that every knitter's library should have. The rest of the weekend was spent with knitterly friends and shopping at the various vendors that were there. Several unnecessary yarn acquisitions were made and I look forward to putting them to good use in various projects.

I had a baby shower to attend on Friday and here is a photo of the baby Cupcake Hat that I made for the occasion:

IMAG0221

IMAG0223

And here is the photo of progress on my Mystery Shawl:

IMAG0227


Made a couple of new recipes which I will post soon..both were found on Pinterest..another major time sucking addiction which I love. I almost finished two pillowcases for my local quilt guild's charity collection, but they are not quite done. Hopefully soon with photos as well.

In two weeks my daughter and I will be attending SPA in Freeport Maine again. It was a lot of fun last year and I am sure it will be again. As long as the weather holds out and there isn't any snow like last year.

ok..off to check on my chili and get ready for quilt guild. Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home