To Finish Divine: A busy week...

To Finish Divine

or the state of my knitting and quilting UFOs and other unfinished business...

Sunday, February 02, 2014

A busy week...

leading into a busy month! Happy Groundhog Day (or as I like to refer to it Hedgehog Day!) It's been a fairly busy week with classes, work, meetings and a concert. I think Punxatawny Phil saw his shadow, so it will be six more weeks of knitting, uh, I mean winter, for us here in New England. It is also Super Bowl Sunday, but as the New England Patriots did not make it to the big game, I will probably only watch the half time show and the commercials.

The biggest event for me this week was attending the Acoustically Irish concert given by Celtic Thunder members Ryan Kelly and Neil Byrne in Boston on Tuesday night. I took my two daughters with me to this event, even though they are not the biggest fans of the group or the singers, but they enjoy them. It was a small venue next door to an Irish pub that I had eaten at prior to the Celtic Thunder concert last fall. Even though our seats were not the greatest (it was general admission seating and they opened the doors almost an hour earlier than they had posted due to the cold weather), we sat with some other fans who had a large booth that they were willing to share with us. It turned out that we had a great conversation and I will be seeing another concert with one of the women that I met that night later this month. All in all, it was a fun night and after the show, the performers signed autographs and took photos with the fans. Here is a not so great photo taken with my phone, as I had forgotten to replace my flash card into my camera before the show.

It was fun having dinner at B. Good and seeing the show with my girls. I hope to do it again sometime!

I managed to finish the pillowcase I was making as a Christmas gift for my daughter's boyfriend last week. It's just a tad late, and unfortunately I forgot to bring it with me when I saw her this week for the concert. Maybe I should just hang onto it for his birthday in August? I also started, and almost finished, a table runner that I am making for a friend who has given me theater tickets to fabulous shows several times this past year. I hope to finish that and give it to her within the month. It is a simple one hour table runner pattern, so it shouldn't be too difficult to complete.

I renewed The Circle on my Kindle to finish reading as well. I have just discovered the wonders of e-books from the library. I think I am addicted! Although I have waaaay too much reading to do for my classes, I am really enjoying the free books available for download from the library. Hopefully I won't be too distracted from my schoolwork by the temptation to read for fun. I am also still working on my Monday Morning Cardigan. The button bands are almost finished and the collar area still requires completion, but I am determined to be wearing it before the end of the month.

Okay..enough procrastination for one afternoon. Schoolwork awaits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home